[pyrnet] Help- I've just rescued a Pyr Pup

Hi everyone,
     Well, sadly its the same old story.  People get a cute, irresistible Pyr pup and discover at about 5 months that he is too big and too much to handle.  Fortunately for this pup, I happen to be a Pyr lover and he happened to be my neighbors' dog.
     I need help, because I'm fairly new to Pyrs.  I got my first Pyr last year from a rescue group, and just fell in love with the breed.  I've never had a pup before.  As with babies, everyone wants to give me "helpful" advice, but I know with all the experience between all of you that I will get advice that I can trust.  Here's the problem:

My vetrinarian is recommending that I feed "Eukanuba Large Breed Puppy Food".
The puppy is already on "Nutro Large Breed Puppy Food".  Is Eukanuba really better?  Does anybody have any suggestions/experiences to share?

Next, Couper, that's the pup's name is a nibbler.  My Golden Retriever,Chase, is a chow hound, and I never have had any trouble getting him to finish his food.  My rescued Pyr, Bailey, was also a nibbler, but soon got over that.  However, this pup is on the thin side and the vet wants him to gain weight.  Does anyone have any suggestions.  I thought about feeding him in his crate, but I'm afraid he'll know over his food and make a mess.  I do have special feeding dishes for his crate, but you know how clumsy that are at this age.

Lastly, I'm not sure how much to feed him.  The bag says between 6 1/2 to 7 3/4 cups, but Coupe barely finishes 5 3/4 a day.  His old owners were mixing wet food in with his dry food, but I've always been told that it's really bad for their teeth.  Help!!!!  What should I do.
Thanks in advance for all your advice.

Jennifer

Do you Yahoo!?