Re: [pyrnet] Re: Mary Crane 1936 Book

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the info. It is amazing how much interest this book has received. Seems some pyr folks have been looking for years and years for a copy of the first edition Mary Crane.

Kind Regards,
Sandy Dyment
Pyrview Reg'd
www.angelfire.com/on3/Pyrview

The first book in mint or near mint condition and then autographed by auther could bring almost anything, depending on who is interested. This first little book I have heard only had a printing of 100 (pure rumor), but it is very rare. This is a book for collectors as both the later books are really much better reference books. The black leather cover seems to always be cracked and pealing, so one without that is pretty rare. Finding one in bad shape is hard even. As I remember many years ago (maybe 20 or more years now) at the New Jersey GPCA National Speciality hosted by PFNE one signed by Mrs Crane to Mrs Dodge brought over $800.00. I suspect now that someone could not get one in mint or near mint condition signed by Mrs Crane for $600.00 unless they were very lucky. My guess is it would take at least $800.00 and could be much more depending on who was bidding at an auction.

Good luck if you can get it.

Joe