Re: [pyrnet] Worried mom

Dear Nina, I am the proud owner of a 7 mos. old Pyr puppy! She came into our lives at 8 weeks. I only had mature rescues before her and I couldn't believe a Pyr could be so small. She no longer looks like a puppy at all, although she still is one. I think you are doing everything you can to teach your puppy not to pee in the house. I think it will pass, Pyrs are extremely smart dogs. The only thing I wasn't sure of, is whether or not you were going out with the puppy on a lead and giving him signal words like "go pee" . During the training time they need your attention and support and lots of praise and maybe a small treat when they do it right. If you have a fenced area when he is older he will be able to go out on his own but during these early days he will respond better with you there. I hope this is helpful. I agree with you, Pyr puppies are the sweetest.

Candice.