From: Amy Bailey <newbailey@comcast.net>
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Sent: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:01:53 -0500
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] problem

So you have met the "paw". You use your hands, so do many pyrs.  I had better luck teaching my dogs that if I were wearing dressy clothes or a suit that the paw was not to be used.  Sounds odd but it did solve our problem, my clothes were not ruined and the dogs could still use the paw.  I also make a point of being sure I dress at the last minute before I leave the house and change into jeans or cords very soon after returning.

A pyr off a leash is a "dis-a-pyr".  "Come" has not been an easy concept here either, but I am finding that after several months, Charlie has caught on and when he sees me coming toward him, he races over to me.  I cannot explain why he suddenly understands but eventually it does just click.

A fence would keep both the sheep and the dog home but this may not be practical.