Re: [pyrnet] Puppy growled over a dea mouse - response?

Maybe I just put myself in stupid, dangerous situations, but it never really occurred to me to swap.  If they challenge me, it doesn't last long.

So far the worst Pyr I ever saw belonged to someone else.....I brought him home for a while to try and work with him and in that instance I did have Rajah with me to protect me.  He was the only Pyr I ever felt a little nervous around.....which didn't help the situation.  The fact that we had a muzzle and Rajah was a plus.

He had a real problem about lunging and snapping (actually nipping my hand once)  when you tried to get his bowl for any reason.  His owner would throw his food bowl into his kennel and when he was done they'd just wait and grab it real quick.  Not sure if his problem was genetic or learned.

Raj sat there quietly the whole time until he'd lunge at me and then she'd jump up, get between us, rumble at him, he'd settle down and she'd go back to her place until she was needed again.

He got a little better but I did tell the owner he needed neutered (since she wanted to breed him) or maybe even euthanized, as I would've hated for him to end up with someone who didn't know how to handle him.

As I said, any others who've tried challenging in adolescence or whenever have gotten straightened out real quick.

Chrissy