Re: [pyrnet] The Paw

We have worked and worked to get her to quit knocking me down by putting her paws on my shoulders and snuggling my face with her slobbery one. :)

Hi Nancy:

This is also a comm Pyr trait, and the most commonly reccommended response is to "Push her off of you, while simultaneously saying "OFF" in a very loud and strong manner.

Terry

Nlduzan@aol.com wrote:
My TJ does the "nose" thing, not the paw.
    Ombre does both, and she lives outside, so there's nothing in her actions that would indicate a desire to go out and potty.
    I pet her with my hands and put my arms around her and snuggle her face, and kinda figured that "the paw thing" was her Pyr copycat version of petting me  - especially because she insists on being close to my face, even when she has to stand on her back legs to do it.  We have worked and worked to get her to quit knocking me down by putting her paws on my shoulders and snuggling my face with her slobbery one. :)
    We haven't tried to figure out the nose thing.  I was standing by the garden fence talking to hubby yesterday while he turned the compost, and she "goosed" me with her nose.  I assumed it was a "pay attention to me" request, because it certainly does get my attention.  Also considered it might have something to do with the treats I usually carry in my coat pocket.
Nancy
www.hensteethandfroghair.com