Re: [pyrnet] Advice needed: marking territory

This may be off tcompletely wrong, but I assume that the blinds are in front of a large glass window.  Does Cam see his reflection in the glass at night and think another dog is on his turf - and very close at that!  My little girl was very quiet  until she saw the dog in the window - she barked and the dog barked back, by the time she was baring her teeth at "Her" and "Her" was also showing her teeth in return we were all howling with laughter.   Cam may be taking another approach to the "intruder".    "He" may only be visible on some nights due to the weather or lights on outside.  Anyway, just a thought.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 9:22 PM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Advice needed: marking territory

Thanks so much for your reply.  What is a urine catch?  I had him checked by the vet and so did the rescue, all was normal.  We do have a cat, but she's almost 4 years old, and has never sprayed in the house.  I just cannot figure out what is triggering him to do it.  He goes crazy if a neighborhood dog is out wandering at night, but it doesn't correspond with the marking nights.  I guess we might need to invest in a crate for awhile.

Thank you again,
Patty

Judith Stroh Miller <jsmiller@newmex.com> wrote:
On 29 Apr 2005 at 11:17, Patricia Campbell wrote:

Since Cam is a rescue I assume he is neutered? First recommendation
is a urine catch and vet check. If all normal, then you probably need to
start over with potty training and crating at night is also an option. That's
not to say he won't mark in the crate either. Any other dogs that might
be marking or a cat that is spraying? Something has triggered this as
Cam was well trained when he arrived.

Judith
Taos, New Mexico
jsmiller@newmex.com
http://home.earthlink.net/~ksane/judy/

as the BODY of the message. The SUBJECT is ignored.