From: Linda J. Anderson [mailto:nightsky@direcway.com]
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2005 10:01 PM
To: PYR-L@APPLE.EASE.LSOFT.COM; Pyrnet
Subject: [pyrnet] CHAT: Toby amputation update

I thought it was time to do a "Toby" update.  Toby is my 10 year old male, who had his front left leg amputated on April 5th, due to bone cancer.  He has healed up beautifully and he is "smiling" and he seems happy and without pain.  Going throught the amp. recovery was actually not too bad at all for all of us.  We had to re-staple once on the top of his incision, but other than that, it really went well and he seemed not to suffer unduly.   We chose not to do chemo.  He gets around pretty well and even lifted his leg the other day.  That was great to see. I'm really glad we did it , because otherwise he would not be with us at this moment.  I have no idea how long we will have him, but I hope for the best.

Linda Anderson & Jon Glastra
Night Sky Farm