Re: [pyrnet] To shave or not to shave..............

Hi..

I finally gave in with my 3rd pyr... and shaved him. We hike, backpack and camp a lot. During the rainy seasons (we're in Wa.State) he would get wet then warm up from hiking and develop hot spots. He was sooo miserable. During the warmer months his endurance declined drastically. He is quite a large Pyr..very tall and 154lbs. I don't show him so why not? I have him shaved once a year in the early spring. About an inch and a half long. He looks like a fuzzy (massive) little lamb and is soo perky now. His energy level is up so much that he hops in circles in the house attempting to chase his tail. He is always ready to go for a hike and doesn't bonk out after 5 miles. By winter his hair has grown back with a vengeance. He is truly much happier now that he's a bit lighter. He doesn't develop the hot spots like he once use to either. And.. I can retire my shop vac while his hair is short and use a real vacuum.

Christy