From: bigdogs22003@comcast.net [mailto:bigdogs22003@comcast.net]
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 11:45 PM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: [pyrnet] To shave or not to shave..............

Hey all,

I tend to be more of a "lurker" on this site than an active participant, but I do have a question that I feel will be well answered here.  I have a Pyr, TJ, whom we adopted about 2 1/2 ago, who is now 8 yrs old.  He seems to be having a bit of a problem with heat as he ages.  I know it is a bit controversial about trimming the hair of a Pyr, but I really think he would be much more comfortable with less hair.

My home is air conditioned, but he, of course, would much rather be outdoors........so, my question is:  How short do you cut the hair if that is the best option for the dog's comfort?   I am hesitant to do this, but really feel that he suffers so in the summer as he ages........... (Of course, this would be done by a professional with experience with Pyrs, and I would insist on being there with my "big baby")
Thanks for the advice in advance!

Debbie in Colorado