[pyrnet] Pyr on movie

Has anyone seen "Finding Neverland" with Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet (spelling?)?  I found it a little disturbing and rather sad but Depp's character as the author of Peter Pan owned a big white dog with heavy markings.

I spent a good while trying to decide if it was a Pyrenean Mastiff or a heavily marked Pyr and finally decided that since it had a fairly nice head and it's name was Porthos, it must be a Pyr.

Does anyone know for sure?  Do you know who the breeders or owners are?

Although I was distressed to see a Pyr on a movie, I was also quite happy to see such a lovely dog.....although they portrayed it to be a very obedient dog.....and the fact that the dog "Nanna" in his Peter Pan play was supposed to be a Landseer (spelling?) Newfoundland.  His dog looked too elegant for a Newfie.....sorry.

Also, wasn't Nanna a Saint Bernard in the cartoon and recent movies?  Anyone read the original book?

Chrissy