Re: [pyrnet] Pyr on movie

Hi. Jan..this has been discussed at great length on another Pyr group and the consensus  was that he is a Pyr even though Nana was definitely a Newfie in the original storyline, it actually mentions her on the very first page. I don't have the book but found out this information on the net. Thanks for including the NZ Pyr links I really enjoyed looking at them. We are originally from Britain and have lived in Canada for 24 years but New Zealand has always been a country that I feel we would have been happy to have emigrated to.  My youngest son backpacked in Australia and NZ several years ago and loved it.

Jo, Toby and Hannah(Golden)

-------Original Message-------

Date: 05/23/05 03:51:32
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Pyr on movie

My daughter saw the movie recently and having been involved with Pyrs for over 25 of her 27 years she stated that the dog was a Pyrenean Mountain Dog. We do have the darker head colour on some of our Pyreneans here in NZ. I would like to see the movie myself and form an opinion.

The original Nana was a Newfoundland far as I recall. Now I wish I still had the book of Peter Pan from my childhood..Captain Hook used to terrify me!!!

Jan

Add FUN to your email - CLICK HERE!