Re: [pyrnet] Health: care of heartworm positive dog

On 29 May 2005 at 11:22, Shirley McGreal wrote:

> A vet suggested giving
> her a Heartguard pill as it would prevent new worms forming and would
> kill off existing ones within a couple of years.

Do you know where in New Mexico Zoe came from??

I believe there is a protocol now of treating Heartworm positive dogs
with Heartguard, rather than the expensive treatment.  Check with
several vets for opinions.  In any case the spay will have to wait until she
is in better health. If you have info on Zoe's breeder email me privately
please. Bless you for helping this girl.

Judith
Taos, New Mexico
jsmiller@newmex.com
http://home.earthlink.net/~ksane/judy/