[pyrnet] Rajah passed away

Our ol' girl Rajah passed away early this morning, July 17, 2005.

La Dame Belle (French for:  The Lady Beautiful) was born April 4, 1995, at Golden Nugget Ranch in Ohio.  I went with my Mom, Aunt Debbie and Momâs little dog "Cookie" (still with Mom) to pick Raj up on June 4, 1995, just after turning seventeen myself.  She was the most beautiful pup there.  She was my second Pyr after my first, Belle (Magnificent McConnell Belle), passed away November 20, 1994, at the age of six years, five months.

When I found out I was getting Rajah, I picked her registered name with the help of French class and picked her call name a week or two after having her, finally after the tiger on Aladdinâ..I tend to name things from movies, a lot.

Both of our daughters have "grown up" with my "Rajie" and she loved them both dearly even though she only had Shanta for this last yearâ..Justice has always been like Rajahâs little sister.

Rajah hated the show ring but loved going to shows.  She wouldnât do her obedience commands unless someone else was & she was showing off and she got an award at the 2002 National for once protecting my sister-in-law and I in a hotel room break-in and again saving me from another dog.  She loved livestock, would calmly break up fights between other dogs and would always let me know whether someone was any good or not even if that person didnât know what she meant.  She proved herself several times and was our foundation.  She was the true Pyr.

In January, 2005, she developed a lump on her right front leg.  The Dr. said it was probably cancer but did not think operation would be good for her.  For the last several months it grew.  Given her age, surgery was thought to be a risk so we gave her lots of love, pain medicine and prayer, not necessarily to save herâ..although I did want her to live but I mainly wanted her to feel better.

Iâm a little sorry she never did much in the show ring but she did so much more in her lifetime.  She will always be the example to me of what a Great Pyrenees should be all around.

Sincerely,
Chrissy Ingram
WV
http://www.zyworld.com/mapleway/Rajah.htm