Re: [pyrnet] Pyr going to rescue.

Lisa:

I am sorry that you did not receive the responses you had hoped for.  I am a fairly new Pyr owner (since Feb, 2005) and have not really traveled with Cameron and my kids, which is why I didn't respond.  Also, I don't feel that I need to respond to every message posted.  I usually read the posts and gain alot of valuable insight from the others.  Anyway, we did drive from Houston back to El Paso with him once we adopted him, but it was by no means a cross country trip (although it sure felt like it!)  We just stopped ALOT and when we ate, we ate in shifts and took Cameron outside to walk around while the food was being consumed.

I hope you find the answers you are looking for and that your Pyr does not have to suffer.  I do believe taking her back to the rescue is a bit harsh.  If you love your pet enough, you will manage the trip.  It may not be easy, but traveling with kids isn't easy either and we don't want to take them back.

Good luck,
Patty and Cameron (Pyr)

Lisa Merten <arolisa@comcast.net> wrote:

 I have decided since there were no replies to my earlier question of how to travel with my Pyr since I am moving across the country I will take her back to the Rescue I got her from. If this sounds a bit harsh it is meant to seeing you all jump to it when there is one in a Shelter but offer no assistance to someone who wants to take their dog with them and how to deal with them in this summer heat traveling.

Lisa

Do you Yahoo!?