Re: [pyrnet] Female Pyr in Kill shelter in Summersdale, Alabama

I am so sorry to hear of two more Pyrs in a kill shelter and we are like Nancy and have no way of helping, we live in Nova Scotia Canada. This week has been very painful for us. Our beautiful 10 year old Pyr Toby succumbed to his heart problem, we have been doing everything possible for three months to keep him with us but on Tuesday afternoon he could not breathe and even a dash to the vets could not save him and we had to let him go. Our pain is still unbearable but in Toby's memory I sincerely hope that someone will be able to help these two Pyrs. The original email only really mentions the female in some detail, do we know what happened to the male or do we not want to know?

Jo and Hannah(Golden)

-------Original Message-------

Date: 07/29/05 13:07:00
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Female Pyr in Kill shelter in Summersdale, Alabama

"We have another female Great Pyrenees that need a home.  She and her brother were put in the night box of a shelter in Summersdale, Alabama
    You have my moral support and encouragement.  As we cannot responsibly care for another LGD, and these are located way beyond what we could drive in one day to even offer transport, I'll have to just be a cheerleader.
    I am obviously poorly informed about rescue work; but do all shelters now have the equipment to scan all dogs for micro-chips?
    The older I get, the less I understand about the world.  My opinion of the human race diminishes a bit each time I hear of a beautiful Pyr who has been dumped to be killed.  But then, a few days later, it is bouyed by the heart-felt efforts of caring people on this (and other) board who commit their time and resources to do everything possible to help.

Nancy
www.hensteethandfroghair.com

Add FUN to your email - CLICK HERE!