Re: [pyrnet] Female Pyr in Kill shelter in Summersdale, Alabama

----- Original Message -----
From: "nina kelly" <ninatkelly@yahoo.ca>

Great news everyone. Journey is being taken in by a Lab rescue in
Florida!!!!!.>>

I don't know who this lab rescue might be but I sent the original post to the
Pyr Rescue chair of No FL who is also the East Coast Pyr Rescue coordinator for
the GPCA.  I just got this response from her :

"Thank you Linda, we are in the process of pulling them after the shelter
alters them."

So these two dogs are in the care of Pyr Rescue where they should have been all
along.

I have been reading the posts about all of these dogs over the last week and
while I appreciate the care and concern that I read, I want to share something.
The GPCA has a good network of Pyr rescue groups both among local clubs and
independent groups.  The GPCA also has a national rescue committee.  So, if you
read of Pyrs in need on a list that is NOT a Pyr rescue list, the best thing to
do is contact someone involved in Pyr rescue.

One of the problems that has been clear for years is that the more people that
contact shelters and get involved the more confusing it gets and the more at
risk the dogs become.

You can get local contacts for your or someone else's area by looking on the
GPCA website:
http://clubs.akc.org/gpca/gpcaresq.html
and looking under Rescue Contacts.
If there is not someone in that exact state or area, get in touch with the
regional coordinator.  They are East, Central and West US.

I would also like to suggest that everyone who has expressed so much concern get
themselves involved in rescue.  You don't necessarily have to take in a dog to
foster or adopt.  Transport is always a big help.  And I read a lot of people
volunteering to transport those dogs. Out here in the NW we have to set up
networks to move dogs hundreds of miles.  If you can't do foster or transport
you can donate $ or equipment to rescue groups. You can become contact points
for your area.  If you really love the breed, take the time to use the list on
the GPCA site and email the contact and volunteer.  Those people who do rescue
actively and constantly can always use help.  In short, put you actions where
you concerns are.

Linda Weisser
Olympia WA
lmweisser@comcast.net