Re: [pyrnet] Rescue

----- Original Message -----
From: <Catkin8040@aol.com>

<<Not always.  I've been involved  with or know of others involved with trying
to save a dog from a kill  shelter - calling and emailing rescue - and not
receiving an answer for  days.  The dog could be dead by then. >>

I'm really sorry to hear that happened.  I assume that it was Pyr rescue?  How
often did you run in to the problem?  I will say in some kind of defense that
the number of Pyrs needing rescue is HUGE.  Not all of them are in kill shelters
but many are.  It can get overwhelming to try to handle it all.  The fact that
you got no contact from them is basically inexcusable.  All I can recommend is
another rescue close by or the GPCA regional contacts to which I gave the prior
links.

Actually you may not have gotten a return call or email because the rescue group
had already taken care of the dog (s)  Yes, it really is rude that they didn't
let you know but they get a LOT of calls and emails daily and want to focus on
the calls that concern the dogs directly.

In the end however, in terms of the last dogs that showed up here, please take
note that all 4 of them were taken by Pyr rescue and I suspect that the rescue
contacts did not come off this list.  They really are out there, folks, so
please let them know.  And keep trying.

Linda Weisser
Olympia WA
lmweisser@comcast.net