[pyrnet] (Fwd) Re: 2 Pyrs Found St Louis MO

Good News and an interesting turn of events :) Judith

Date sent:      	Thu, 04 Aug 2005 17:18:40 -0500
To:             	David Hayes <pyrpower@radiks.net>,
       	Judith Stroh Miller <jsmiller@newmex.com>
From:           	Wydtrak Great Pyrenees <wydtrak@charter.net>
Subject:        	Re: 2 Pyrs Found St Louis MO
Copies to:      	Pyrlesspyrs@aol.com

Hi all,

I have a happy ending to report and a lesson(s) to share!  "Henry" is
on his way back to his owners as I type.

My puppy folks brought the dog (Henry) out so I could get him groomed
and a better idea of a physical description for Judith to post on the
various pyr/rescue lists.  After spending a couple of hours on him, he
was done and they were about ready to leave.  Knowing that he had
been
scanned at the vet yesterday and that not all scanners read all chips,
it occurred to me that I should try to scan him one more time.  What
the heck, it would only take a minute.  He had an Avid chip!  His chip
was either poorly inserted or had migrated up to the side of his neck
and was not between the shoulder blades as it should have been.  A
call to Avid divulged that he had been a rescue placed by the APA
(Animal Protection Association) and one call to them gave us the
owner's name and number.

So simple....

Cheers,

Maria