[pyrnet] Barking

Hi Everyone,

My name is April and I am new to the board. I have been watching it for about a month now. This is my first post. I have a 5 month old pyr named Kiah. She is crated. Two weeks ago I had relatives stay with us and they slept in the same room with her. Since then Kiah has been barking at night. She barked at night when we first got her but then quit after she was crate trained. Now she has started up again. My relatives have stayed with us before and Kiah would bark the next night, but then would quit after that. This time she hasn’t stopped. I also have a two year old daughter who wakes up when the dog barks, so no one is my household gets any sleep. Kiah also barks like crazy when we leave the house. She has set off our security alarm 3 times and has gotten out of her wire crate twice. We fixed the problem of her getting out with hooks on the crate door. Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct this behavior? I’ve been told to get a shock collar. When I go get her out of her crate her face and feet are wet and she’s panting like crazy. Does she have separation anxiety? This is my first pyr. So far the only time Kiah barks is in her crate. She doesn’t bark at any other time. Any information will be appreciated.

I just read the post about the pheromone would that help if I use it in Kiah’s crate?

Thanks a bunch,

April

Kiah (pyr)

Flash, Mookey & Jazmin (cats)