[pyrnet] De-skunking solution

I was watching "Myth Busters" on the Discovery Channel last night.  You know, the guys who answer the questions "Can you really do that?"  One of the segments was answering the question of what really works when you get sprayed by a skunk.  They actually provoked skunks into spraying them to have something to remove.

The first thing they noticed was that the thiols responsible for that horrible odor are activated by water, so just washing is worse than nothing at all.  They tried tomato juice, beer, feminine hygiene products (vinegar/water), the peroxide/baking soda/detergent solution offered here, and Skunk Remover (a commercial product).  Beer was a bust, as was the vinegar/water.  Tomato juice worked fairly well, as did the commercial product.  What worked best at removing thiols was the mix of 1?qt 3% hydrogen peroxide, ¼ cup baking soda (sodium bicarbonate), 1 tsp liquid soap.

Jack, Belle (You should have seen when the "Lab Ladies" got sprayed), Millie-Me-Too (could we use it on the ferrets?), and Glory (you mean those aren't stinky kitties?)