Re: [pyrnet] Question

Wow, your daughter is a tough cookie!!  Good for her, I know the military can be hard on women.  You should be very proud, as should she.  We don't have any plans for overseas, yet.  We just got here a year ago, and should be here for a little while.  If we do go anywhere, it would be to Alabama for a couple of years.  We would love to go to Japan or Germany, but I am adamant about keeping Cameron and not having him endure traveling hardships.  So, it looks like we're state-bound for awhile.  Besides, I'm pregnant with our 3rd child, due in January, and I'm not going to be up for any overseas travel for awhile.

Take care,
Patty

Nlduzan@aol.com wrote:
    Hope you can stay in the States, but if you get stationed overseas there are lots of hoops to jump through with a dog.  Took us about 2 months of guarantine, vet cks, paperwork, etc to get daughter's dog (non-pyr) out of Japan and back here.  And REAL hard on the dog.
    Yes, I said "daughter".  My daughter was a Marine. And no, she wasn't in the typing pool (she told them she didn't know how to type) and no she wasn't in the band (she said she couldn't read music)  (both lies,she didn't want a "weinie woman" job).  She was the first woman to be accepted to, and then teach, electrical training at Camp LeJuene.  Then she was the only WM in the platoon assigned to man the huge generators at Fatima Airbase on Okinawa.  She endured horrible discrimination, but eventually won their respect.  She's a tough little cookie and I feel she made a wider path for those who have followed her.  Her commanding officer even visited her home a few years after discharge.  She's now a fully qualified Master Electrician (like her father was).  Not that I'm proud of her or anything, but she's a piece of work!  Taught me every bad word I know :)

Nancy
www.hensteethandfroghair.com