[pyrnet] CHAT, HEALTH: Research Needs

To Whom it May Concern,

My name is Sarah Canterberry and I am a Ph.D. Student at Texas A&M
University College of Veterinary Medicine.  Currently, I am working on the
canine aging project in the Canine Genomics Laboratory.  We are primarily
concerned with determining the genes that are responsible for larger dog
breeds having shorter life spans than dogs of smaller breeds.  We are
particularly interested in Great Pyrenees and are in need of DNA samples
that can be taken in the form of cheek swabs.  We would prefer samples from
unrelated dogs; however, the only requirement for participation is that dogs
are AKC registered, or were eligible for registration, and have pedigree
information.  If you would like to take an in depth look at our study,
please visit our website at http://www.cvm.tamu.edu/cgr/canine_aging.htm or
contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

As the owner of a GReat Pyrenees group, I am hoping that you might be able
to assist me in making a concerted effort in sample collection by posting
this information on your yahoo group.  Thank you for your time and
consideration in this matter.

Sincerely,

Sarah Canterberry, Ph.D. Candidate
Canine Genomics Research Lab