RE: [pyrnet] Our Romy

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I remember when I first heard that you got Romy. I lost my first Pyr Thor about four years ago now. I have since adopted two rescue Pyrs as I realized way back when Thor was young that neither he or I wanted to be (or even belonged) near a show ring. Please stay with Pyrs and their strong loving hearts. There are so very many out there both young and older that just want someone to love them. Remember Romy in your heart like I do my Thor. Their love and heavenly spirit truly changes your lives forever. Hugs, Nancy, Eiger, and Hannah (WI)

From: LESRVG@aol.com
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: [pyrnet] Our Romy
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 14:59:45 EST

We have not been very active on the pyr-net recently. In October our beloved
Romy (Gates' Henry's Get Navarre) was diagnosed with bone cancer and it was
too hard to write in and tell the group. Now this is even harder...Today Romy
died in the arms of the family that loved him as he was put to sleep at the vet
â??s. It is so hard to lose such a wonderful friendâ?¦our boy. He was a member
of our family and the heartache is tremendous.

He was only 4 years old. While he never finished his championship he was a â??
specialâ?? to us. He earned TT (temperament), CGC, and VA (versatility
ambassador) titles. He was a great Great Pyreneesâ?¦never aggressive always vigilant
and always loving and gentle. He was a super judge of character and we learned
to trust him and his instincts. Romy enjoyed being with us, traveling,
carting, and taking walks and hikes in the mountains, or just playing in the yard.
He loved people and always enjoyed his trips to Petco and other places. He
used to come in the house and lay on the couch and take up three seats!

We would like to remember him for all the fun things we did together in the
short time he was with us. He was our first Pyr and for that, he will always
hold a special place in our hearts. We loved him so much and will miss him
everyday!

Keith, Soo, Dustin, and Julie (our Pyr Pup)