[pyrnet] Finally, we are BACK~

Hi, it is Lisa and Oliver, et. al. and we are FINALLY back on-line after five weeks since Wilma hit on 10/24!  We also moved back into our home in the city two days before it hit (my house has a 5 foot wall surrounding the property and I did not trust the farm fencing on the ten acres).  Just now, Bellsouth is on their way to hook up the telephone, thank God for cells!

We won the delayed, annual Halloween party at my vet's office on 11/09 - I brought my largest Pyr, Sophie as "Hurricane Wilma Relief" and had glue gunned little toy ambulances, fire trucks, police cars, orange cones and farm fencing to twist ties and tied them to different places is in her coat and I made her a large bandana that said Hurricane Wilma Relief.  Oliver played the part of FEMA and did not come (his absence was well noted) - we won a year of vet services along with a basket of great toys and shampoos and stuff.

Oliver got whacked in a scuffle at the gate when we first moved back into the house and had a large welt on his back, which I waited a week and was not satisfied with it's healing on its own and the Cephalexon I put him on.  The vet aspirated it and it came back with NO cancer cells, thank God, but it is still large and I am keeping a close eye on it.  I know the nature of Addisonians takes them longer to heal, but had no idea it would take this long....

He was also retested about 6 weeks ago and came back hypothyroid, so he is on Soloxin.  His first retest indicated the dosage of 7 mgs twice per day was too high, so we have cut that in half and will retest in a few weeks..

So there we are - phone man is here, so I must go protect him from the ten barking dogs!
Love,
Lisa
Oliver (Beardie), Derby (Aussie), Jelly (Tibetan Terrier), Taffy (Kuvasz)
Sophie, Baloo, CeeCee, Tonka, Cubbie, & trixiesueFRANCES (Great Pyrenees)
ALL RESCUED!
Oliver's House, Incorporated - 561.379.8328 - oliverslb@aol.com
"Dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation, and placement of dogs in Palm Beach County"
www.oliverslb.com