Re: [pyrnet] Melissa, Re: Snow Nose

On 22 Dec 2005 at 15:25, Ingraminthegame@wmconnect.com wrote:

> There's no need to feel defensive, no one is attacking your dog, just
> discussing the proper breeding of pigment.

There is a reason to carry on the good breeding qualities. That is what
this discussion should be about.  Let's take Snow Nose.  This breed is
used as a LGD, that was their first purpose.  Without good pigment,
especially on the nose, a dog working out in the field without regular
supervison is prone to fly strike, sunburn, etc.  Since these dogs were
bred to work alone, regular check on the dogs is not always possible.
By the time they are checked by the herder or rancher they could have a
serious infection or even skin cancer from the sun or fly strike.

In a Pyrfect World, all Pyrs would meet the Standard!  Just because
they do not, does not mean we love our pet/companions any less.

Judith
Taos, New Mexico
jsmiller@newmex.com
http://home.earthlink.net/~ksane/judy/