From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org] On Behalf Of Pamela Fowkes
Sent: Saturday, April 15, 2006 1:30 PM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: [pyrnet] Another one over the Rainbow Bridge

To day I have some sad news to share.  This morning I had to have Eliza put to sleep.  She had just celebrated her 9th birthday and didn't appear to be feeling well.  I took her to the vet yesterday morning because she was not eating and appeared to be bloated.  She walked in to the vet's office, but by the time the xrays were over she could barely walk.  The vet referred me to a diagnostic clinic across town where Eliza had all sorts of tests run and spent the night.  It appeared, among other things, that she had Addison's disease type symptoms and her liver was shutting down.  Everything happened so quickly, I couldn't believe it.  I went this morning knowing that I was going to say goodbye.

She was alert and knew I was there.  I held her and talked to her as she took her last breaths.    She is at peace now and I, of course, am left with the pain.  I know I did the right thing by sending her over the Rainbow Bridge.  She can join all the other dogs sent with love before her.

Good-bye, dear Eliza.  You always were such a good girl!

Pam
To unsubscribe, send a message to esquire@pyrnet.org with unsubscribe pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org as the BODY of the message. The SUBJECT is ignored.