Re: [pyrnet] Question

In a message dated 5/7/2006 7:57:54 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, newbailey@comcast.net writes:
As stated, that's a dominance issue and behavior.  Polar is probably
> finally growing up, it takes those boys a while. :)  If Bear does not take
> issue with it, then things will be fine. But she may put him in his place.
> All depends if she's alpha of the dog pack!
Judith,
This just happened with my dogs.  Lily is 6 1/2.  Soleil - I adopted about 8 months ago.  He is around 2 1/2.  They've had a few food or treat related spats - but nothing major.  They play constantly and nap together a lot.   I had been noticing that he was defending his chew toys more instead of giving them up to her and also going out the door first now and then.
 A few evenings ago Lil attacked him and they fought.   She was very serious.
I finally got them apart (had to throw a bucket of water on them and then throw the bucket on the concrete to startle them) and she still kept trying to go after him - I had to drag her into the house.  There was blood everywhere.  They both have wounds and she actually came out of it worse than he did.  Her face looks like she tangled with a barb wire fence.  She has a bite on her ear.  He has a bite on his leg and a small scrape on his face.
Since the fight she has been acting pretty much as normal, except I notice her
eyeballing him when I'm giving her a treat and he is waiting for his.  He has been very meek around her, almost walking on tiptoes.  I've been treating them pretty much the same as before - she gets greeted first,  fed first and gets treats first etc....
Would like to hear any tips or ideas from the trainers on the list.

Thanks,

Cat,
Lily & Soleil (Great Pyrs) and Troubles, Lacy & Sparkle (Great cats)