Re: [pyrnet] furminator brushes

I purchased the medium size furminator this week. I used it the day after I had (I thought) thoroughly brushed my pyr. I brushed in the same manner that I always do and was amazed at the amount of hair that came off the dog. In my not so humble opinion I think this is the best brush I have used.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Nancy K" <nakhere@hotmail.com>
To: <pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 6:09 PM
Subject: RE: [pyrnet] furminator brushes

I've got to ask you one more question about these furminator tools and hope others will join in here that have ever used them.

My best friend was a groomer for over 20 years and was offered one of these a number of years back. I asked her advise and have heard the folks on the net talk about these. Dawne (best friend) doesn't think they would get down to the skin and extract the 'wooly' coat that wanted to be removed. Would it need to remove the outer coat to get down to the incredibly dense coat below?

I would appreciate any advice here from those of you that have purchased this product or any other means of removing the undercoat. I have purchased a double blower dryer to help get the undercoat off, have a grooming table (ok second hand) to work on my rescue pups, and have everything in place to do the best job on them at home. They don't go to shows but I want to keep them in the best physical shape that I can.

What do you use to pull out the undercoat that needs (and wants) to be removed. Also, what shampoo do you recommend for my rescues so they smell nice for awhile. Also, how long is awhile.

HELP!!!!! I'm trying to be independent and need your assistance to do the best I can at my home.

Thanks! Nancy K