Re: [pyrnet] Agressive behavior

i just read this about your pyr and the aggressive behavior.  my pyr is 5 years old and let me preface this by saying that I have had pyrs for 30 years and have never had one that has ever, ever refused to give up anything I have tried to take from him/her or even tried to protect it from me. well this pyr now is different.  he body checks me with rawhide.  he will give up a chicken bone if one slips from my hands as its going in the trash or anything else that falls on the floor but rawhide? nope!  that is a special prize to him and he body leans over it and eyes me in a way that I don't feel comfortable seeing.  that has been since he is a teen. I tried to hold it when he was eating it and to do many, many other things to break this but its still ify all the time. my only solution is to give him a rawhide flip chip on rare occasions and only when i confine him or not at all. its not worth it and I have no idea why its such a prize that its a problem but I won't risk getting into a huge fight with him and getting bit. not just because I could get hurt but mostly because that would let him win and I won't let my dogs win at anything. and yes, we do all the right things with dominance like going through doors first, making him work for all treats, making him wait and work for his food dish, etc. he has CGC and a TDI and is rock steady in all situations except for that darn piece of rawhide so I just control that situation and no problems. it turns him insane. he isnt that way with  cookies or treats or anything else. and as I said, he's the first and only dog I have EVER had that has been like this.