Re: [pyrnet] GReat Pyrenees Question

I would suggest a prong collar instead. I have tried using a choke collar and he would still pull and then end up choking himself. With the prong collar,  he never pulls.

jodi busby <jodilbusby@yahoo.com> wrote:
Can anyone tell me if there is a good way to train my
Pyr Julius NOT to chase after cars?
He is a barely over a year, sweet sweet, but baaaaaad
when we are on a walk (on leash) and a car goes by he
goes ballistic and has pulled the leash out of my hand
a few times and takes off after the car...
My husband and I can never let him off his leash in
fear of his running out into the street, but now on
walks he is getting so strong that when a car goes by,
if he's persistent enough he pulls the leash away...
Should i be using a choke collar, (which i didn't want
to use)
Any ideas?
Many thank yous!

Jodi and Julius