[pyrnet] CHAT: Sampson has a "Mousectomy"

Hah!  Bet that got everyone's attention.  Lord this dog is funny - too sensitive to all change and stuff, food agressive somewhat , and needs lots of hugs and hip rubs in the evening, even while he still gets his blanky out and generally is so ORAL he is into EVERYTHING given half a chance.  (I teach special ed and let me tell you... Sammy really reminds me of some of those kiddos some days).

Well, anyway... I had to raise a muscovy duck that was a lone hatch.  Dibbles the ducky comes in at night to sleep in my office in a rubbermaid box.  Ever since Dibbles was hatched, he has had a beanie-baby sized stuffed Mouse to cuddle to.  In addition to me, Mousie is his mommy. It is very cute.  But... Dibbles is now four weeks old and you can imagine how um.... "wonderful" Mousie must smell by now.

So in comes Sampson for night time loves... he heads into my office and nabs Mousie.

Just like I have seen on the chat group before about some other Pyrs, - Sampson is VERY touchy about some things - I would NEVER yank a rawhide out of his mouth (and he doesn't get them anymore either) - it is a prize to him and that is that.  we trade.  And once, a month ago, He and Molly found a bunny nest in the field and Sammy had an extremely young, wet (dead) bunny in his mouth - not eating it - but I wanted it back from him..  Lord, he shook all over like his senses were JUST OVERLOADED with this prize.  I finally traded for a whole handful of milk bones.

Ok - so back to Mousie.  Here comes Sammy with Mousie .. OH NO.. we CAN'T let him have Dibbles "mother!!!"  I move next to Sammy - his head is down, he is trembling with excitement.... "Jon" I yell.. "QUICK,  GET THE LEFT OVER HOTDOG!!!. "

Hot dogs are waved under Sammy's nose.  Brown eyes raise up, Mousie still in his jaws.. The hot dog smell begins to connect.  And with a sound that reminds me of a Garfield cartoon, Sampson lets out a PTOOEY! and out drops Mousey.  Mousey saved.

All is well once again at the farm.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/lindapeaches/DibblesmouseRE.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/lindapeaches/SammycouchRe.jpg

--