[pyrnet] Digging Pyr

Hi,

A friend of mine has a 14 month old Pyr X Burnese Mountain Dog.  The pup has made numerous holes in her backyard.  She went back to the breeder and apparently the dad (Pyr) has been a digger all his life and they gave up on trying to stop him.  My friend is needing some advice on how to stop the digging.  She has a small child and an elderly dog who are at risk of getting hurt in the holes.  I believe that the dog is a house dog and can dig very quickly when she is out.  Any suggestions on how to discourage the digging?  Otherwise the dog is very well behaved and there aren't any other problems.

My Pyr used to dig in the lawn and flower patch, but after yelling at him (which he hates), he stopped.  Now he only digs in the strawberry patch, chasing the mice, which I can live with.

Thanks,
Christine