Re: [pyrnet] Dog food

Hi,

I'm having a really hard time with Cody's skin allergies again.  After doing a biopsy on some of his sores a few months back, he was diagnosed as having recurrent pyoderma - onging and spreading staph infection.  He was on antibiotics for 6 weeks and things seemed to improve.  Then about a month later, the sores were starting again, so he is back on antibiotics for 3 weeks.  I don't see as great of an improvement this time, but it is helping.  The vet has said that she hopes things will calm down as allergy season winds down - waiting for that first frost.  Cody has eaten Nutro Max for years, and is healthy and strong otherwise.  We do give him additional people food as is it hard to keep weight on him (he has never been over 103 lbs and usually runs at around 98 lbs) as he has never really been interested in eating.  He gets a sandwich for lunch (grilled cheese, chicken and cheese, tuna melt.....).  He wouldn't eat dog food for lunch, we tried.  He may eat his biscuits (Nutro Crunchers and Milk Bones) that I give him for breakfast, but they usually sit for a couple days on the floor.  There have been times that we've given him his sandwich while he is lying down as it would be far too much effort for him to get up and come for food!  Amazing how he can chew and swallow while lying on his side and not lifting his head - lol!  Anyway, I can see that Cody is not alone in his skin issues and many of us have itchy dogs.

Christine