Re: [pyrnet] Seizures?

In that no one has responded to you Kimberly, I just wanted to say that I am sorry you are going through this with your sweet girl.
First, I would not use any chemicals on any of your dogs until you get this resolved with your vet.
Also, look into what you are feeding your dog and you can find research that directly links grains (carbohydrates) to seizures in dogs, so you may want to consider a premium, grain-free diet.
Particularly with the problems some companies are having with tainted ingredients, make sure you check on line or call the food manufacturer to see if there are other cases being reported.

I would hope you would follow through with veterinary care and give them detailed information, just like you did here (have it all written down) and also medications given, and the dates as they correspond to the treatments and also the seizures.

I know it must be a very scary time for you, but you are doing best by your girl to get the help she needs and doing research ahead of time so that you can ask intelligent questions of your veterinarian.

Best of luck.
I look forward to others replies as well.

Lisa and the beasts in south Florida
     - " -
    /) '  ' (\
 ( " ) - ( " )Lisa T. Bottcher, President
Oliver's House, Incorporated 501(c)(3)
W Palm Beach, FL (561) 379-8328
Oliver (11 y/o Bearded Collie), Derby (13 y/o Aussie),
Great Pyrenees - CeeCee, Cubbie, Shasta, Trixie, Tonka,
Jelly (Tibetan Terrier)
"Dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation, and placement of dogs in Palm Beach County since 1999"
www.oliverslb.com