Re: [pyrnet] New Pyr puppy questions

I had two wonderful, sweet, friendly pyrs that loved people, BUT when my house was broken into both of them almost killed the guy.  My adult male hit him in the shoulder and ripped the skin away and when he fell my 7 month old bitch got him in the leg. He narrowly escaped with the help of my husband pulling the dogs off. The police said he would never be back but my fear was always that he would come back and shoot them in the yard for revenge. This was years ago and he never did return. It was VERY scary but after the adrenalin left they settled back to their sweet selves. NOT something I would ever like to be repeated. Pyrs are guard dogs and when they need to, they will guard. We found that out.