Re: [pyrnet] $Dog Food prices$

On 5 Jan 2009 at 14:16, Melissa Wyglendowski wrote:

> Has anyone else noticed a significant increase in the price of their
> dog food?? I feed my Pyr and Lab Nutro Natural Balance Lamb and Rice
> and a 40 lb bag went from $33 to $43 between purchases - we go thru
> a bag about every 4 weeks, so it wasn't a gradual increase in price,
> and I don't?see any 14k gold flakes sprinkled in with the food!
> ?

I sell Solid Gold Holistic Pet Food and there was a price increase this past September, but
not 10$.  SG increased the price of a 33# bag about 4$ and it went down accordingly by
weight.  Due to the high fuel costs all suppliers from ingredients, bags, shipping have
increased.  The same in grocery stores, you will notice that food prices have not decreased
even tho gas prices are lower.  It will take some time before we see a reduction in costs of
goods.  If ever : (  I am the eternal optimist, we can only hope.....at least our distributor has
stopped the additional fuel charge for delivery since gas prices have decreased.  From what I
know we can at least see this for a few more months.

Judith
Taos, New Mexico
jsmiller@newmex.com
http://www.goldstaranimalshelpingpeople.com/team.html