Re: [pyrnet] Glycoflex III

On 5 Mar 2009 at 12:19, christinecvs@aol.com wrote:

> The vet checked Cody's leg and can't tell if it is coming from his
> hip or knee.? He has metacam, but we haven't been able to start it
> as I need to ween him off? his Vanectyl that he takes for his itchy
> allergic skin.? Apparently the two can't be taken together.? If he
> can't stay off the Vanectyl, the he can only receive a pain killer
> and not the anti-inflammatory.? We haven't x-rayed because Cody is
> one complicated Pyr.? He has grand mal seizures if he even steps
> into the vet's office, so we would need to sedate him completely to
> get him to the vet and then more sedation during the x-ray - which
> is of course a concern.? The vet did his last check-up on a home
> visit.? Cody is wonderful, but challenging when it comes to his
> health!

You might try Glyco-Flex II, rather than the III. Also KV Vet sells Glyco-Flex II EQ which is the
horse formula in 6 lb tubs, it's an alfalfa based powder, which might be easier to digest? I just
sprinkle on their meals daily.  Much cheaper than the doggy pills and chews, but you would
need to determine if your boy can tolerate the Glyco-Flex II first.   You still need to do the load
dose and KV Vet can tell you the amount to feed according to your dogs weight.

I also believe Synovi G-3 comes in a liquid formula, which might be easier to tolerate?

Judith
Taos, New Mexico
jsmiller@newmex.com
http://www.goldstaranimalshelpingpeople.com/team.html