Re: [pyrnet] Kirkland Dog Food

Hello,
We just returned after a terrific week in sunny California for the 2009 Great Pyrenees National. We had a great time, but the e-mail has certainly piled up.
I did want to respond about Kirkland Dog Food. We fed Diamond dog food for years and were very happy with it but our supplier stopped stocking it. We recently heard that Kirkland Dog Food was made by Diamond so went to check it out. We have two Pyrenees that are allergic to corn. Finding food that does not have corn is not easy and can be very expensive...even most lamb and rice foods contain corn. Kirkland food does not contain corn. Our dogs seem to prefer chicken and rice formulas. So, we tried the Kirkland chicken and rice. Our dogs love it and we have not had problems with ear infections at all (that is what happens when they have corn) and have used it for about 3 months. We are very pleased with the food.
Charlotte Perry, Virginia

KEITH WEBER wrote:
Hello,
At a presentation to a puppy Kindergarten class last week, the vet said that Kirkland Dog Chow (Costco) is rated very, very well and that she feeds it to her dogs.
Does anyone in the group feed this to their Pyrs? If so, how do you like it?
We currently feed Eukanuba Wild and Natural Balance. However, I did look at the ingredients on a bag yesterday while we were at Costco and it looks like some very good stuff.

Keith and Soo Weber http://www.sdk-weber.com <http://www.sdk-weber.com/>