From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org] On Behalf
Of Judith Stroh Miller
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2009 9:54 AM
To: great_pyrenees@yahoogroups.com; pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org;
pyrspectives@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [pyrnet] (Fwd) ScienceDaily: Help for Thunder-Phobic Dogs --
Veterinari

------- Forwarded message follows ------- Judith Stroh Miller
(jsmiller@newmex.com) has sent you a link to the following page on
ScienceDaily:

Help for Thunder-Phobic Dogs -- Veterinarians Show Consoling Dogs Does Not
Relieve Their Panic
http://www.sciencedaily.com/videos/2006/0601-help_for_thunderphobic_do
gs.htm

A new study shows that dogs can get very upset during thunderstorms, whether
or not their owner holds them. The study measured the stress hormone
cortisol to be up to three times normal levels while the dogs heard
recordings of a thunderstorm. The company of other dogs did help, though
vets say medications may be more effective.

* Note: the sender's email address has not been verified.

- ------- End of forwarded message -------