RE: [pyrnet] (Fwd) [great_pyrenees] Missouri Great

Amazing how patient this dog was, I bet he was trying to lead the kid home
the whole time but he did not leave him alone.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org] On Behalf
Of Judith Stroh Miller
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2009 7:18 PM
To: jsmiller@newmex.com
Subject: [pyrnet] (Fwd) [great_pyrenees] Missouri Great

Doctors Say Family Dog Saved Lost Toddler

Originally printed at http://www.kspr.com/news/local/44683617.html

A Missouri toddler, who wandered away from his home last week, has
been released from the hospital, just in time for Mother's Day.
Three-year old Joshua Childers was all smiles this weekend as he left
the hospital in Crystal City. Doctors say he had hypothermia,
scratches and bug bites from his "hike" in the Mark Twain National
Forest. They now think the 120-pound family dog helped keep the boy
safe and warm.

"One of our initial concerns was how could a 35-pound child could stay
alive in forty degree weather in the rain for two nights and three
days," said Steven Crawford, Childer's doctor. "That may be the
answer, and he was telling about being with the dog at night."

The family dog is a Great Pyrenees, and doctors say the fluffy dog
kept Joshua alive through his 52-hour ordeal.

- ------- End of forwarded message -------

Judith S. Miller
Northern New Mexico Great Pyrenees Rescue
http://www.caerbannog-grtpyrs.com/workable%20pages/rescue.html
jsmiller@newmex.com