RE: [pyrnet] Re: does anyone shave their pyrs?

<< I was wanting to shave him just for the summer but I've read that it can mess up their fur. It could ruin their insulation or something like that. I've only had him clipped a little, nothing major and was just checking to see what you all do with your pyrs for the summer. >>

Hi Jessica,

            I don’t know if it really ruins the fur, but it does take a long time for it to grow back. Heat hasn’t been too much of a concern for us here in CT, I have been having a heck of a time keeping my pooches dry. I don’t think we have had 3 days in a row without rain since May.

            One thing that I have heard that people do to keep their dogs cool is just shave their belly so that when they are laying down, they can feel the coolness of the ground or floor.  I have been thinking of trying that for Laela if we even do get any heat, she is panting up a storm now and it is only 75.

Elaine, Pico and Laela