RE: [pyrnet] Re: does anyone shave their pyrs?

Christine,

It sounds like there are some interesting stories about what a pyr can do in a not yet pyr-proofed house!

Amy

From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org] On Behalf Of Christine
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2009 5:21 PM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Re: does anyone shave their pyrs?

I never do either. I dislike the âbaby goatâ appearance shaving creates. South Texas is as hot and humid as Louisiana and it takes a knowledgeable hand to shave a Pyr in these temps â especially an outdoor Pyr. I love Kodiakâs luscious coat and believe it insulates him in some way. I trimmed his chest, tummy and the inside of his legs and routinely wash his face as well as moisturize and protect his nose

My past Pyrs have never liked to be in the house until they start to really age. When temps reached 100 Kodi (17-months old) insisted on it. Still, the heat and humidity does not override his body clock or his innate drive to roam and patrol in the late hours of the night and wee hours in the morning.

I love having Kodi in the house. Though not effectively âpyr proofingâ in the beginning seriously made me reevaluate the domestication of the Pyrenees Mountain Dog

Christine