[pyrnet] Best puppy-proof flooring?

We foster Pyr and Malamute puppies for local rescue organizations, and now must replace the old carpet in the family room where the puppies' crates are and where they play.  The carpet just can't take anymore pee or poop!  We want to replace it with tile or go green with some kind of engineered wood or, perhaps, bamboo.  What has been folks' experience with these kinds of wood flooring?  Do they stain easily?  Does water soak in?  Are they all slippery?  Are some brands or types of wood better than others?

Thanks, Tom McCulloch

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org]
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2009 11:59 PM
To: pyrnet-l-digest@pyrnet.org
Subject: pyrnet-l-digest.20090731

pyrnet-l-digest                                     Friday, July 31, 2009

RE: [pyrnet] Re: pyrproofing           amy.bailey@myfairpoint.net
RE: [pyrnet] Re: pyrproofing           wygate@hotmail.com
Re: [pyrnet] Re: pyrproofing           BDrube1441@aol.com
Re: [pyrnet] Re: pyrproofing           slocum_da@earthlink.net
Re: [pyrnet] Re: pyrproofing           Reedialer1@aol.com
Re: [pyrnet] Re: pyrproofing           Reedialer1@aol.com

Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 07:24:29 -0400
From: amy.bailey@myfairpoint.net
Subject: RE: [pyrnet] Re: pyrproofing

I am surprised how many pyrs have a taste for baked goods.  My first pyr, Jascha, loved bread.  Cheese bread was his favorite.  He rarely condescended to regular Pepperidge Farm sandwich bread, had to be the good homemade or better bakery stuff.  As he got way older, arthritic and blind, I would sometimes leave a loaf on the counter just to see how he was doing.  If it disa-pyr-ed, he was ok, if not he really was not feeling well and needed a vet visit.

My female, Sweetie, looks to be an angel but she is the current counter cruiser.  Very clever girl, but if the boys are in the crates and she is the only one loose, it is obvious who the culprit is.  Loves the couch too.
She'll fluff  up the pillows so she has a head rest and can stretch from one
end to the other.   Ikea sells washable slip covers for their couches so I
have two sets.

Amy