Re: [pyrnet] Warning about Dog Treats - query

If I'm not mistaken there was a recall not very long ago with Waggin train treats. I used to get them for Gandalf and stopped when I found this out. I think it was samonella they found

--- On Wed, 9/16/09, AtlantaGR8PYRS@aol.com <AtlantaGR8PYRS@aol.com> wrote:

From: AtlantaGR8PYRS@aol.com <AtlantaGR8PYRS@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Warning about Dog Treats - query
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org, great_pyrenees@yahoogroups.com, pyrspectives@yahoogroups.com, MountainWestDogFanciers@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 11:09 AM

Wife picked up some WAGGIN' TRAIN brand Duck Jerky Sticks a week or so ago.  Front of package says the net weight of 2.75 oz. of 'sticks' (they look like anorexic Slim Jims) and were made from 3/4 lb. of "Fresh Duck".
Back of package lists ingredients as:  "duck breast, starch, glycerin, cultured whey protein and seasonings".
Anyone who has greater knowledge than I do as to any of the listed ingredients being harmful, please post a response.
Robert Low, Metro Atlanta GP Club