[pyrnet] Pyr sisters/brothers/friends?

Having just lost my 15-year old Lab girl that helped me raise Bacchus for the last year, the last few months have been difficult and sad for us.  But, Bacchus deserves a rich life so I am also giving thought to getting another Pyr or other dog in the future - probably sometime next year.  In the meantime I am trying to find every possible opportunity to let Bacchus spend time with other dogs.

I have enjoyed the "little sister" topic and am wondering how intact male Pyrs interact with males who were neutered young (Bacchus was neutered at 7 months).  Do intact males respond to neutered males as a threat?  I spend time at a friend's farm who has an intact male 6 months older than Bacchus and so far they have been good friends and playmates, but I am a little concerned about whether I should be vigilant about supervising them.  Bacchus' mother and sisters live there also and all of those dogs are actively guarding goats and poultry, while Bacchus is "just visiting" and only wants to play.  (He is still such a puppy personality at 1 year!)  The male patrols the property freely while the girls are inside fenced fields and pens.

Thanks in advance for any insights you can provide!

Laurie & Bacchus
Ruby at the Rainbow Bridge 11.3.09