From: "Judith Stroh Miller" <jsmiller@newmex.com>
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 7:27:00 PM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] coat blowing in Dec.

On 11 Dec 2009 at 17:18, Bluebonnet wrote:

> Dart will be one next week.  He has suddenly started blowing his
>    coat.  Is it just his age, or does he seriously have his seasons
>    mixed up?

It depends on where you live and your climate.  Last year in December my 4 year old female
had a serious blow....alas, we are in Northern NM with very cold temps, so out of order.
When she did not immediately start putting on new coat, we did a Thyroid Panel and she was
extremely low thyroid.  Started her on supplements and this year she is a beasty with a full
coat. :)  Age one seems to me to be a bit early to show thyroid issues, but depends on what
the breeding is of your boy.  If he does not start putting on new coat shortly, then I would
recommend a trip to the vet for a COMPLETE Thyroid Panel.

Judith
Taos, New Mexico
jsmiller@newmex.com
http://www.goldstaranimalshelpingpeople.com/team.html