RE: [pyrnet] Voting as of 9:25 AM TX time

I live in the Panhandle of TX. My last dog was a Pyr, Montana Bear. He died last January. I had raised him from a pup. He was 11 when he died. I needed time to heal before I could ask for another Pyr. I wanted to get and adult Pyr from rescue.

After a few months I contacted the rescue organizations in TX: Spin, Great Pyrenees Rescue Society of Houston, Texas Great Pyrenees Rescue – North TX; Lone Star Pyrs and Paws-Merit, TX; Great Pyrenees Society; etc…etc… I even tried to contact Judith Stroh Miller, who is listed as the NM rescue contact. Some did not return my calls and emails, others would try to get me to take dogs in their rescue, but dogs in which I had no interest. I felt like it was a bait and switch.

Spin spoke with me and said there was no one in my area of the state to make a home visit and they would contact me as soon as they could find someone. I suggested they contact a person in Amarillo whom is a member of another breed AKC rescue group and gave them a number to contact. I never heard back from Spin.

So I do not recommend any of the TX or NM rescue groups as they do not respond to people making enquires. I still want a Pyr so badly. But I have given up on getting a rescue. You guys broke my heart.

Marci

mgruhlkey@amaonline.com

LET'S KEEP SPIN # 1

Please vote daily.

Saving Pyrenees in Need, Texas SPIN, Garland, TX:

443 votes

Star City Greyhound Adoptions, Inc, Roanoke, VA:

412 votes

Liberty Humane Shelter, Hinesville, GA:

385 votes

City of Buffalo Animal Shelter, Buffalo, NY:

124 votes

Guardian Angel Animal Rescue, Westland, MI:

87 votes