RE: [pyrnet] CHAT, HEALTH : Healing thoughts for Pico

Charlie and Sweetie send Pyr get well barks and tail wags.? Harry Pugger sends pug snorts well wishes.? I will keep you, Pico and Laela in my thoughts and wish you all good health.

From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org] On Behalf Of Elaine
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2009 8:01 PM
To: 'Great Pyrenees Discussion List'; pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: [pyrnet] CHAT, HEALTH : Healing thoughts for Pico

As some of you may know, Pico is my 10 ½ YO male Pyr. He has been having issues with allergies and ear infections and ended up with a resistant infection in his ear. The vet opted to treat with Amikacin and I have been giving him shots for the past 3 weeks. Unfortunately, he stopped eating and when blood was taken last night, it was determined that the Amikacin had impacted his kidney function. Pico has been at the vet since this morning, on IV fluids to try to flush out the kidneys. We should know in the next day or two if it is successful.

Please keep Pico in your thoughts. I really want to bring the big guy home from the vet for Christmas.

Elaine, Pico and Laela