RE: [pyrnet] Question about excessive thirst and frequent yawning

Hi Christine, I canât say that these symptoms sound familiar, but I think you are doing the right thing in bringing him to the vet. Since we are going into the holiday, I would be a little insistent if they have trouble fitting you in. If the vet doesnât suggest it, I would request a full blood panel.

Elaine and Laela

From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org] On Behalf Of Christine
Sent: Thursday, December 24, 2009 3:17 AM
To: pyrnet-l
Subject: [pyrnet] Question about excessive thirst and frequent yawning

The past 3-4 days when I look at Kodiak from certain angles he seems to have doubled in size. I do not mean the beautiful, large Pyr thing; I mean pathologically huge. He looks and feels like he has put on a solid 15 pounds since Monday.

He is constantly thirsty and drinks a lot of water (excessive thirst).

He yawns a lot as if he needs the oxygen rather than being tired.

There have been times he is in a steady constant pant rather than breathing. The panting doesn't seem related to physical exertion.

His appetite has decreased somewhat though his recent stools appear normal to me.

I can't tell how often he urinates.

He is not loosing fur. His coat is full and pretty.

He is not aggressive or whiny.

He does not negotiate going down the stairs with his usual agility.

I have not really heard him bark in the past few days.

I am going to try to take Kodiak to the vet the first thing in the morning. I am hoping the holiday is not a deterrent. I have looked on Google in an attempt to piece together these 'symptoms' and have not had much luck. I understand there could be nothing or a myriad of things wrong with Kodiak and I am not asking for anyone to make a diagnosis. I would however like to ask the right questions and I am wondering if any of these things sound familiar.

Thanks to all and Have a Happy Holiday

Christine and ââKodiakââ

To Sue if you are reading: Thanks for the tip about the Goodwinol ointment